EwA's Secret Lair

Game development tips and random musings of The Psychotic EwA

Saturday, March 26, 2005

My thoughts

Actually I dont know what to talk about anymore...
Being too busy with my assignments and dont have the time to try out new games.
so, for today I'm going give my thoughts on the TCG industry.

Well, what I can say about the industry is that its dominated by hype.
Most of the popular TCG now are trading card games that have the most hype, either being promoted aggrasively, or having an animated series or movies based TCG.

Games that is inovative like Magi Nation isnt doing well because its getting less publicity.
People are more excited about new games that has the most hype than games that are playable.
Look at the disaster that is Harry Potter TCG, it got people playing when it first come out, but look at it now, no players at all.
People play it because its a game based on the Harry Potter world. These People are either fans of the movie or the book. But not many turn up as serious players.

Seems to me people are more interested if the game is hyped enough, or they wont bother about it.
Cant say I blame them. With all the current TCGs in the market, people would tend to go for the flashy games.

Would I go for this type of games?
Maybe...you wont know until you tried it right?

To be fair, some hyped up TCGs are actually good, like Yu-gi-oh TCG.
It just that I dont see any good games being produced often, being a consumer of TCGs in the malaysian market, we tend to get only TCGs that is comercially produced. Many of the good indies are hard to come by here...

Well, thats the life here and I have to suck it up here with what is available.
Anyway, playing Magic:The gathering is more fun because the availability of different formats of play available, which I cant find in other TCGs.

thats all for now
Jya Ne

Labels:


============================

1 Secret Messages:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ean Wey Ann,
I was just passing looking for D-Day links on the blogger site and found your My thoughts blog. Your blog was not quite what I was looking for, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

 




-----------

Post a Comment

<< Home