EwA's Secret Lair

Game development tips and random musings of The Psychotic EwA

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bad people won't look at you in the face?

"

I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don't trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it.

                               "
-- Charles Dickens






I've found this quote simply true. Always I'm having problem talking to people cause I can't talk to them while looking them in the face. I have no idea why they want me to do that and I can't concentrate on my talk when I'm looking at someone's face.

anyway, Kian gave me some tips to find out if someone is lying to you:
"
If you ask someone to remember something, look where his eyes move to.
If it moves upper left, he's trying to recall something in memory.
If it moves upper right, he's creating a fiction.
                               "


( ._.)Ø


============================

1 Secret Messages:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger hreaper said...

Well, that eye reading thing is just a way to see if a person is recalling something from memory or not. Though, it does not always work (especially if the person is conciously controlling his eye movement :D).

Here's an article I found regarding eye movement and communication:

Although most people follow this left-right rule, there are some who are just the opposite. It is good to determine which is which before jumping to conclusions. You can find out the correct directions of a person by asking some leading questions like "What was the color of your first car?" to get a response from memory, and "What is your opinion of the President?" to get a creative response.

The full article can be found here

 




-----------

Post a Comment

<< Home