EwA's Secret Lair

Game development tips and random musings of The Psychotic EwA

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Quote of the day -GM without tools

"
well, then your boss is really a dick - what is a GM without the tools?
You guys are reduced to nothing more than spies, or make it uglier by putting it in the player's aspect, the company's underdogs.
--Jad [Alt] Kaizer
                             "


basically how my friend sums it up,
my situation in my company TT_TT


( ._.)ΓΈ


============================

3 Secret Messages:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger coffee-ping said...

if u want to think like all the the-world-hates-me-and-i-hate-them-even-more-blog,
that will lead u to no where.

i know, everyone wants to work in an ideal company, or live in an ideal world.
but is that realistic?
and complaining about things will drop ur morale and holds u back from improving.

try to change the situation that does not favors u into situations that favors u.

just like any martial arts u can get ur hands on, they always teach u how to counter attack.
from the position of being assault to over-dominant ur opponent.
change the situation from bad to better for ur own good.

and back to the mind set thing, works always sux, everyone knows that.
but, it is always "mind over matter, if u don't mind, it doesn't matter."

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger EwA said...

what the...
I didnt Know I was writing the-world-hates-me-and-i-hate-them-even-more-blog,

basically I don't care much about the players, the same reason I don't care about other people.

"I just don't care"

its life, and you have to go thru with it.

as for the quote, its about something that the management is doing, I just go with the flow, and take all the critisizing from the players.

I just work here, I don't have power to do much anything else.

If you want to give a me an advice, how about how to handle bosses that don't want to listen to reason?
and childish players that wants everything done their way?

and more over, "mind over matter, if u don't mind, it doesn't matter." works only if you don't care about other people. Which is a negative thing XD

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger coffee-ping said...

aiyah we both have different interpretation on the same thing

wat i trying to say is: try to manupulate the situation so that the problem would change into an opportunity for u

and for the problem solving, i cant advice u further as i dont know the details
and i think u can handle it, bcos u big boy ady XD

 




-----------

Post a Comment

<< Home