EwA's Secret Lair

Game development tips and random musings of The Psychotic EwA

Friday, July 28, 2006

Some interesting links

Kevin Smith talks
Watch Kevin Smith giving a talk on his experience with Superman Returns before Bryan Singer got hold of it. Its pretty hilarious with stories about his screw up producer and Warner Bros execs.
Kevin Smith is a cool guy, I can't say I've watched his films but he's damn sarcastic in this interview that I liked him on the spot.
He would make a good writer for superman (LOLz)


Crescent Pale Mist
A pretty decent doujin game, have nice effects and can be made a reference for any would-be game developers. The simple special effects proves that you don't need super flashy effects to make a game look cool.


Stop The Press
A cool superman mini game, you as Jimmy Olsen, star reporter of the Daily Planet tries to capture the best picture of Superman for the front page.
Try it, its fun :D
Its a nicely made game, I really liked the simplicity and the theme fits really well.


Talking Tech

Mark Rosewater explaining the changes that goes thru Magic: the Gathering after 11 years. What makes the current design of MTG different from the older sets of 11 years ago and what they have learned from what the previous developers of MTG.
Its pretty much on the evolution of MTG and thats what draw me to it.
Any budding game developer should read it, to understand what kind of efforts one need to do to make a game successful.


Timmy, Johnny, and Spike Revisited
Mark Rosewater giving the low-down on the different types of players in MTG. Its kinda cool from a game developer's point of view because he went on to the details of these psychological profiles and the needs of these players. Fulfilling them is hard work, but you are able to ensure that the players are happy and your product sells.
Plus the article have a simple test on what type of gamer you are, MTG players should try it out.


Endurance Challenge! Mordred's Isle
OMG this is the most wicked take on reality television ever!!
A reality show in a Dungeon & Dragons setting, now THIS is a reality show that I'd watch!
I loved the character designs and the voice actors are really good in portraying the characters.
What I liked best is when the Orc complaining of double standards on his race.
"Human walks in an orc village, kills everyone, they're heroes. Orcs walks into a human village and kill everyone, and they're monsters!? Thats sounds fair to you?"
I can't stop myself laughing, IT SO TRUE!!!
I've definitely gonna watch the next episode.

oh ya, the shows are made by a studio called "Hatchlings Studios"
I think I've have to tell Key about it, now his company have to be called a different name.


Michael Moore says his Michigan film festival is not political
I'm a big Michael Moore fan, so the article caught my attention.
The article isn't much political, it just Michael Moore explaining about the Michigan Film Festival.
Its more about showing films, good film that never got a change to be show in major cinemas.
Its not about independent films or experimental films, the festival actually shows a number of good films that have little promotion and good foreign films that deserves attention.
I kinda like the concept and I wish MMU has this kind of festival too (T_T)
I'm a huge fan of good films, I don't care much about the popularity or 'blockbuster y' of the film, as long as it have a good and meaningful story and plot, Its on my list :D
I've might lobby for something like this festival with some clubs and societies when I get back to MMU, its worth a try.


( ._.)ΓΈ


============================

0 Secret Messages:




-----------

Post a Comment

<< Home